Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I should be in bed

I really should be in bed, I wrote this poem instead.

I really should be in bed,
I need to rest my weary head.
I have laundry and dishes to do.
but I'm on strike it's true!.
I didn't know it then,
All the responsibilities on my end
Being a wife and mother,
Sometimes I don't know why I bother.
As I finish and hang up my broom,
The mess is back in the room!
Okay, I give up, live like a pig,
when we want something we'll just dig!

If I don't do everything I need to do as soon as I get home from work or right after dinner, I just can't get it done. I decided to watch TV tonight instead. I have another full day of teaching tomorrow and then I have to come home to the mess. How do you train or retrain your family to pitch in?

Sorry, I just read this back and I sound so whinny and blue. Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with all the responsibilities I have. Someone last week said to me that I always look so put together. All I could think of was she was nuts!! Sometimes I wonder if everyone thinks I am a scatterbrain. I certainly don't feel together. I would love to be this organized woman, with a constant clean house, no laundry waiting to be done and extra presents wrapped in the cupboard just waiting for an invitation to a party.

I think, I'll stop this rambling (and put all of you out of your misery) and go to bed.

On a happy note, Noah told me I was the bestest mommy. They always know how to make you smile.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Except for Bree from Desperate Housewives, NO ONE is that woman. I'm certainly not and I don't leave my house for work every day. The laundry is never done - even when I fold the last load. It is all never ending - just like you said. So, take a night now and then and just enjoy. It will still be there tomorrow.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I would love to be this organized woman, with a constant clean house, no laundry waiting to be done and extra presents wrapped in the cupboard just waiting for an invitation to a party. Life is one Big Picture but the Big Picture is made up of all the little bits - dirty laundry piles, fighting children, walks in the park with the sun shining down, a hug for the bestest Morah Mommie - life isn't airbrushed - and how boring would it be if it was? :)

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Mellie Helen said...

Noah told you that you were the "bestest mommy". Now, would you have been as touched if he had said you were the "most organized mommy" or the "tidiest mommy" or the "mommy with the cleanest house"? I think not. You have won the highest accolade, and THAT, my dear, is what your children will remember you for. Bravo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home