Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Do you laugh or cry?

First, I would like to thank everyone who has been visiting my site. Illness invaded Levyland last week and this is the first time I've been on since last Monday. Noah had a throat infection and a terrible cold. He past the cold onto his mother. He can never say that he doesn't give me anything :-)

Now...To laugh or cry?

Do your kids ever do something where you don't know whether to laugh or cry?

We received a fedex package (a big box). It was filled with little Styrofoam peanuts. Last Sunday, very early Sunday morning, Dahlia woke me and asked if she could empty the box as she "accidentally" dropped her ring in it. In a sleepy haze I mumbled yes and turned over (an echo of "I found it!" filled my head) as I drifted off asleep.

As I woke a little while later, I found a floor covered with Styrofoam peanuts. Not just a couple, but entirely covered. You could not see the carpet beneath.

As I yelled for Dahlia she came running and said that I said it was okay. Well I did, but it was 6:30 on a Sunday morning. I didn't really know what she was talking about.

At this point everyone came running. The room was filled with giggles and "Oh my g-d!". We started to pick up the pieces, but the static from the carpet and the peanuts grew. The peanuts were sticking to their pajamas. They looked like they had little white boots on. The peanuts were going everywhere but in the box. The giggling grew and grew. Eventually they started to make "snow angels" on the floor. (I have a great picture of Dahlia and Noah making angels in the snow, but I don't know how to post it.)

They had a great time. We're still finding remnants of the of the peanuts all over the house.

What amusing things have your kids down that you just wanted to pull your hair out?

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Christine said...

LOL! Sounds like a lot of fun. (Easy for me to say, I know!)

My daughter's bowels often shut down while away from home, and then kick into overdrive upon arriving back home. We took an overnight trip last night and sure enough we get home and she created quite a mess. Somehow, though, my husband started cracking jokes while I was trying to clean her up, and we were both just laughing and laughing. The poor girl stood there giggling along wondering what was so funny. (Sorry, I'm sure that was WAY more than you needed to know.)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Photominer said...

I don't have kids. Let me ask my wife, she's got me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home