Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thank You!

Thank you for all your kind words. Life is going on in our house, but it just doesn't feel the same. Anyone with kids will laugh, but our house is too quiet. We keep imagining that we hear or see Shadow.

People who don't have pets or who are not pet people think we are a little bit crazy. I think it has hit me more than anyone else. Just thinking about him brings tears to my eyes.

The kids would like a new pet. I am definitely not ready for another one. When we are, we will probably get a dog. Zach is hoping it will be this summer. We will see.

In the meantime, we try and think about all the wonderful times we had with him, and read such heart-warming comments from all of you.

It really helps, so thanks from all of us!

6 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Amelia said...

Hi, found your blog via your husbands. So sorry to hear about Shadow,it's a terrible thing for any family to go through.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I know how hard it is to get over something like this. My mother never got over our dog - it has been 14 years and she still doesn't want another pet. Still thinking of your family as you deal with this loss...

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that now you're in the *shadow* of his love! HuGs. * )

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Photominer said...

I still miss my favorite dog, he got hit by a car 22 years ago, but I still have good memories.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

Do you know that I still mess up and call my present dog (Tiny) by our first dog's name? (Shoestrings) I still miss him. I've been thinking of you and your family.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I still miss my Siamese cat, Simon, that died when I was a teenager. I'm so sorry to hear about Shadow. I will keep you all in my thoughts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home