Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Happiness and Sadness at the same time.

We were in Montreal for a friends wedding. One of my oldest and closest childhood friends got married last weekend. Both the wedding and the bride were beautiful. It really filled my heart with gladness, to see how happy Barbara was.

At the same time we were also filled with sadness. My parents closest friend past away just before we arrived in Montreal. Lily past away after a short illness. Her husband Teddy past away 1 year and 1 week before her. I grew up as much in their house as mine.

I always remember Lily and Teddy with an open door. There was always room for one more person at the table. I grew up with their youngest daughter Ronna. Ronna and I can go months without speaking, but pick up like we last spoke yesterday.

Growing up, I always knew that if I needed something and my parents weren't there, then I could count on Lily and Teddy.

I wish there was something I could do to make this time easier for her and her family. It's hard living so far away.

As I think of Lily, I try to us her policies. I always have room for more people at my table and I hope that people always feel comfortable and welcome in my home.

I like to think that Teddy isn't lonely anymore.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I'm so sorry you've lost another friend. It's always hard to see someone you love go.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

Oh...I'm so sorry that you have lost a friend. I like the way you thought of Teddy...and how he isn't alone anymore. Things like that help me bring peace into my loss.

I'll keep their family in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you...it's a rough road to be sure.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

That's a good way to look at it. Lily and Teddy are now together again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home