Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Daddy's Home!

Yeah, Daddy is home from San Francisco! It was really a quick trip. He left very early yesterday morning and got back after 9 tonight.

Everyone was still up to greet him and he was bombarded with hugs and kisses from everyone even the dog.

I don't sleep when he's away....it didn't help that the dog had 2 barking fits during the night. Nothing like scaring the bejeebers out of you, as waking up at 3 am by Frasier barking his head off. Then he doesn't settle down, every few minutes (usually as you just drift back to sleep) he starts to growl. Hey I should be the one growling...you keep waking me up!

I digress.... I am happy Carmi's home. It's not just not having him here. Kudos to all you single parents out there. I just don't know how you do it. Then, I always feel like I am holding my breath until he safely returns.

I am going to go a pamper the world traveller and make him a cup of tea.

Have a g00d night!

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Perhaps your dog needs to join Giraffe in time out?!
I can't sleep with out my husband in the house, either. He, however, sleeps like the dead when I'm gone.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I don't sleep well when I'm away, either. I'm always afraid of sleeping through the alarm and missing a meeting or, heaven forbid, my flight.

I've had nightmares about calling you and explaining why I'm not going to be home as originally planned.

It's good to be back. I don't do the alone thing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home