Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Green-legged man is wearing me out!

The green-legged man is wearing me out. Only mommy can do anything for him. Even if daddy is sitting right next to him he'll call for mommy to help him.

I would do anything for him, but I admit my patience are wearing a little thin today. I'm tired. I ran out to get something yesterday afternoon and I met someone I know. She wanted to know how everything was going. "Coming along" I said, "but I'm tired" "I can tell" she said. I had some make up on but obviously not enough! :-)

Last night I wanted to give Carmi a break (since I slept at the hospital with Zach he has insisted that he sleeps downstairs with Zach) and I slept on the love seat in the living room. I think tonight we will try and leave Zach on his own. He has slept through the night every night, and I have mommy sleeping radar anyway ...I will hear anything and wake up almost instantly, so I know I'll hear him if he calls for us.

I solved the hair washing problem...we are off to our wonderful hairdresser who will wash and cut his hair for him.


Now we need to just get his first few days of back to school under his belt or cast (just a little humour!) and maybe we can get into some routine.

I'm going to try and have a quick nap (if he lets me!!). Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

4 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger sister AE said...

I just wandered by your blog today and reading this I remember that when we were little and laid up in one way or another, Mom left a little bell where we could reach it. It was easier than yelling and the sound traveled farther. And of course, when we had sore throats, it was extremely useful.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Sometimes a boy just needs his mommy.....

But then again, sometimes mommy must say 'ask Daddy' or even 'No, honey'.

But you're a good mommy and a devoted one too - mine would never have run around after me like you have been with Zach - hope he knows what a lucky boy he is.

School will sort him out :-) All the kids at my school were chuffed when they had casts - broken bones turn children into heroes!!

cq

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I think I'm tired just reading this. :) I hope you can get a nap. Do you have a baby monitor of any sort? Or maybe a neighbor? That's a good way to monitor him if he should need you. Though, as you say, the Mommy Radars are the best thing since sliced bread (sometimes too good) and it doesn't need batteries or to be plugged in.

Hang in there! You can do this. We are routing for you!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Morah Mommy, we share that in common these days. I too am caring for a patient and he wants any and everything all the time. I just need a nap - and yet - here I am reading posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home