Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The young lady leaves for Washington


The day has finally arrived....The last two school years Dahlia and her classmates have been fundraising for their Trip to Washington. They left at 6:30 this morning all eager and excited about their trip away from home. Their itinerary is jam packed filled with museums, the White House, shopping, the trip highlight - the Holocaust Museum, and of course more shopping.

For Dahlia this is her first trip away from home without her parents or grandparents. She's celebrated all sorts of milestones this year; her Bat Mitzvah, this trip, graduation in a few weeks, high school. All sorts of new adventures are awaiting her.

I miss her already!! The house just feels different. But I know this will be an experience of a life time. Last night after she went to bed, I did something that my mother did for me when I went to sleep away camp. I wrote her little notes that I hope she'll be finding all week long. In her shoe, camera bag, in a pair of socks. etc. I also wrote her a little letter for every day she is away. (sealed of course - I hopes she reads on the day that they say). I remember how excited I was when out popped a note and I felt special that my mom took the time to write them all for me. I hope Dahlia feels the same way.

One advantage that we have now that we didn't have when I went to camp is EMAIL! I've already sent her one so that it's waiting for her when she gets to the hotel and they check their email. I can't wait to hear from her!

I'll keep you posted throughout the week with news from the young lady.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I miss that sweet girl. Can't wait to hear all about her adventure.

Love you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home