Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Zach at a Sleepover


Zach is sleeping at a friend's house for the very first time. Usually when asked to sleep at a friend's house he says no immediately. But today, we got an excited call from him asking if he can stay the night.

I've been waiting for this day, but why do I feel so sad? This isn't the first time I've been away from him. In a previous post I mentioned that he spent a week with my parents in Montreal...but this feels different.

I guess I have to admit that my first baby, my little boy is growing up. As he likes reminding me "I'm going to be 11, Ma!"

I hope we made the right decision to let him stay the night.

I hope he doesn't call us at 11 o'clock saying he wants to come home.

I really hope he has a great time tonight and comes home really sleepy because he stayed up late having fun.

Sleep tight little man.

This is a picture of my three cuties from a couple of years ago. These are the faces they made when I told them it was time for bed.

4 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Olyal said...

You have such beautiful children!!! I hope that Zach enjoys his sleep over, and (for your sake) that he doesn't call at midnight wanting to come home. Isn't it funny how fast kids grow up?
Here via Michele tonight, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! :o)

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

Ah, eleven, the begining of some very nice friendships for me. Hope the same is true for your son.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

I truly enjoyed your blog! My eldest, who is 5, asked the other day what a sleepover was. Oh Lord, I think my day is coming.

I saw that you are an elementary teacher! Great! I am a sign-language interpreter in an elementary school. Well, not for long, I just got a better job at a local high school. I am nervous about it. I think the elementary kids are more fun to be with!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger buffi said...

Hi! Michele sent me today, but I come on my own pretty often! They grow up so fast, the oldest ones, don't they? I hope he had a wonderful time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home