Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dear Friends


People come and go in your lifetime, but if you are very lucky you meet some special ones along the way.

This is a picture of my friend Lori. It was taken last Spring (2007) as we celebrated Passover. Today, I had lunch with Lori. We were celebrating her birthday. (She had her birthday earlier in the week). Lori and her family have become our family away from home. We met 10 years ago and became instant friends.

She's one of those friends that you can go weeks without speaking and then pick up as if you spoke the day before. Life just gets in the way. We think about each other and often email. She gets up quite early and I go to bed quite late. So she often sends me messages before I get up and I send her ones long after she has gone to bed.

We celebrate holidays together and special occassions. We have shared sad news and difficult times, as well.

I feel so lucky to have met her. Even though she doesn't think so, she is a really special person.

It was marvelous to sit, have lunch and spend time together talking and laughing. I swear I could feel my blood pressure drop, just hanging out with her.

Lori, I wish you only good health, happiness and lots of love from your friends and family!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have such a good friend. What a lovely tribute to your friendship

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. Anonymous is me. I hit submit too soon.

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great friends are what make life great to live. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing like having good friends. I have a couple who are like family. It's great that you have each other.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Moon said...

Friends like that are precious. I know alot of ppl..call many of them friends, but really I can count on 1 hand the truelly good friends have and only 2 friends like your friend ...They are often the ones we keep for the rest of our lives.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Friends are great :)

I often wonder why all my friends who are such great people to have in my life always end up living so far away?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home