Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hi ho, hi ho it's off to the gym I go....

Maybe if I make it into a happy song....I will feel more enthusiastic about going. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. I have been working with a trainer for several months, and I am not seeing the results that I hope for. On top of that I am suffering from an injury, planter fasciitis. Some days it hurts to walk, let alone complete a strenuous exercise program. But ask my trainer, I never give in to the pain.

In order to help with the weight loss, I'm trying to incorporate my cardio... I went for a walk last night with some friends. I thought I was going to die! We walked very briskly from North London to downtown and back. During our walk we got a little lost, encountered bats (I was terrified!) and walked faster and longer than I thought I could...but I can and I did it...and I was really proud of myself.

I thought I wouldn't be able to do anything today....but I was a little dynamo. I cleaned the whole main floor and went out to do errands and accomplished quite a bit today. The foot is very sore...but I just ignored it.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes....for now I'm off to do the dreadmill....oops, I mean the treadmill! :-)

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you gotten a good support to put into your shoe? My husband has plantar fascitis and went to a podiatrist who gave him a shoe insert and if he wears the insert his foot doesn't hurt. He was also told to not go barefoot at anytime except to bed and so he's been doing that as well. He also told him to only buy New Balance tennis shoes or Merrill shoes. We did buy the New Balance and he says he can tell a difference in their support.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger kenju said...

Daisy is right. If you have plantar fascitis, you should get an orthotic insert for your shoes. They really help. I had it, and the only way it got cured was when I took Vioxx. Of course, that stuff almost made me have a heart attack, so it's good they took it off the market. I hope yours is cured soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home