Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Passover is OVER!

Passover is over for another year. Yeah! I don't know what's worse; all the work to get ready for Pesach or the putting everything away and getting the kitchen back in order, after Passover.

Probably the latter. But this year I was determined to get it all done right away. By lunch time yesterday everything was put away (I even cleaned out the cupboard where I shoved any chometz dishes that I didn't have a place for at the beginning of Pesach.

Passover is just filled with traditions. I think that's why I love it so much. Yes it is a lot of work and my kids drive me crazy with the "There's nothing to eat!", but I just love it. I love using the dishes (some that have been passed down from generation to generation) that we only use at Passover. We are doing the same things as other Jews all around the world. We are remembering the struggles and triumphs of our ancestors, so long ago. It's family time, it's spring, it just feels fresh.

I am going to try and enjoy the last 2 days before I have to go back to work and definitely enjoy this warm weather.

Have a happy weekend

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Mojo said...

Glad you survived. And trust me, the "There's nothing to eeeeat!" whinge comes to all without consideration to race, creed, nationality. It's an equal opportunity whine.

But that's not really why I came by. If you saw this post on "someone else's blog" you'll get an idea why I eaking-spay in ode-kay. Seems there's an auspicious date fast approaching and if I had an accomplice I could pull off quite the little surprise for someone dear to us both.

I can't say more. If you can accept the mission, meet me at midnight under the clock tower. I'll be the man reading the newspaper upside down.

Oh okay, just email me. (No sense of adventure... hmphf.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home