Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

There are paint fumes in the air!

Since we knew that 2 of the 3 would be away this week, we arranged to have the main floor painted this week. I didn't realize just how much garbage we had. It took forever to clean out the living room and hallway. The kitchen will be last so it's only about 80% ready.

Those of you have been to our house, please rest easy. The unpainted bathroom (for about 4 or 5 years now) will finally be painted. We peeled the wallpaper and then never painted it. We decided not to do the work ourselves this time. In all our married life (16 years) we have always painted ourselves. But now we just don't have the time, energy or skills to get it done.

They started yesterday, and other than concerns that the colours are not right, it's been pretty stress free. Keith our painter and I have alternately been waffling back and forth on whether the colours that were mixed, were right. I will keep you posted!

In the meantime, we live with the paint fumes...not so bad and we excitedly plan how we are going to set up the rooms!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home