Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A little boy turns 14!



I can hardly believe that my little boy (who is now taller than I am) is now 14. He is sweet, funny, smart and gorgeous. Absolutely no prejudice here! :D

He has been in bed for most of this week. He has bronchitis and a high fever. He has been on antibiotics since Monday and has missed an entire week of school. I don't know if he will be ready to go back tomorrow. Maybe 1 more day at home?

I made a big birthday breakfast, which he barely ate and then promptly threw it up. My poor sweetheart. I'm sure he's lost 10 pounds this week. I don't think he's eaten enough for a bird to live on.

This is not exactly how he planned to spend his birthday. He is enjoying the attention and the new ipod nano that he got for his birthday. His room and the main floor were decorated with posters, streamers and balloons. My parents (Bubby and Zaida) are here to celebrate. They have started a new tradition of taking the birthday child out for lunch for their birthday (just the 3 of them), but I think we need to postpone it. He has been talking about going out for dinner for his birthday for a month now. I don't know if he will be well enough to go. We will have to see what the afternoon brings.

I hope he know just how much we love him.

For this next year we wish him good health, happiness and all that he wishes for.

I love you, Zach!

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Amazing how fast it goes, yet what a joy to watch our children become the people they will one day be. My oldest son turned 15 last week. It's hard to grasp sometimes. But he is also taller than me.

I hope your guy's feeling better!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger G. Harrison said...

will zack keep down porridge? i have a good recipe.

once he is on his feet try coffee at the Black Walnut in wortley village, then try the bookstore a few doors east on Bruce St.

you'll never know what you'll find.

cheers,

gord h.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger G. Harrison said...

will zach (sorry) keep down porridge? i have a good recipe.

once he is on his feet try coffee at the Black Walnut in wortley village, then try the bookstore a few doors east on Bruce St.

you'll never know what you'll find.

cheers,

gord h.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home