Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I'm Hiding Out at the Computer

Noah-man is with Daddy at a birthday party. He planned it while Carmi was away. Daddy was going to take him so they could have a date together. Noah is such a lovebug! The 2 older ones have a brother and sister over . I never know what to do with myself when the kids have friends over. We don't have a very big house and there is really no place to go. I was working in the kitchen, but they wanted a snack. Then they were using my computer (Aww come on Ma! You're computer is much better than ours!!" begs Zach) and watching TV. Now they're playing in their respective rooms. So I figured I could hide out here.

I love listening to conversations going on. The boys are speaking so loud I can hear them perfectly from Zach's room in the basement. They are totally in their own "star wars lego world" The girls are whispering (loudly) so I can make out a bit of what they're saying. During snack the conversation was reduced to saying and giggling over the word diarrhea. Lord, I'm too old for this!!

They never seem to stay in one place very long. It also seems like the room I am in is the one they want to be in next. Do I stay or do I go? I don't want to one of those mothers who have to be right next to them while they are playing and at the same time I don't want to play musical rooms without the music!!

The girls are restless. They want to go out and play. I guess my time is up.

Now it's your turn - What do you do when your kids have a playdate at your house?

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
Hey, the sleepovers never end.
My girl still brings home strays from college. Her friend from Mississippi has visited us twice since we moved and she hints that someone else needs a room to flop in between school and summer school.
Oh, and they do giggle over the STRANGEST things.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger My float said...

What do I do when there's a playdate at my place?

Lock away all the breakables and then sit very quietly!

Thanks for visiting today. Good to see you back in blog land!

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Like you, my house is small and there really is no where to go. My son is only 5 and has had only a few playdates. I sat on the computer with all ears open. If they wanted to play in here, I went into the kitchen.... So I totally know where you're coming from.

When you find a good solution.. please share :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home