Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Please don't faint...

Please don't faint at the sight of this post. Yes, I know I haven't written anything in a very, very long time. I felt I needed a bit of a break. I was worrying and feeling guilty about keeping up (or not keeping up) with my blog posts. It has been a crazy few months here and I am finally getting back to doing some things for me. I've missed you guys.

As many of you know, my special someone, my hubby is Carmi from written Inc. If you are a frequent reader from his site, you know he has been away a lot the last few months. It's amazing how easy the kids adapt to his trips. MorahMommy doesn't adapt very well. But, we are getting a geography lesson, almost every week and we are learning all about the different cities in the United States.

I have taken control of another area of my life. Almost 8 weeks ago I joined LA Weightloss. I am happy to report that I have lost a little over 15 pounds and I am down one size, already. Actually I am thrilled. I'm making time for me. I do the treadmill at least 6 times a week and I am really following the diet program. It certainly is not easy, in fact I get down right grumpy some of the time, but I am determined to get healthy. I don't want to be an embarrassment to my kids or hubby. I want my kids to learn how to be healthy, not just tell them they have to be active, but see that both Mommy and Daddy are active.

Well, I can't promise that I am going to write every day...I will try for a little more frequent than before.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow...Only 2 more sleeps till Daddy comes home!!

10 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the taking time for yourself!! And Welcome back !

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Star said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I am glad to see you list being healthy as a motivation. When my girls were little we also counted how many "sleeps" before an upcoming event.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi :) I'm here from Carmi's blog.

Congrats on the weight loss I know it's an amazing feeling! I'm sure however that you were nor are an embarassment to your family.. but I do understand what you mean.

Keep up the good work and I've booked marked you as well :)

Cheers!

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for joining LA Weightloss and for the 15-pound success! In 2 weeks! That's excellent.

I know how hard it is to do this. I'm trying too, and I also lost 15 pounds.

Good that you took a blogging break because it's supposed to be fun, and not something to add more stress to your life. Hopefully now you're recharged.

Glad I visited today, from Carmi's.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via Carmi's site. How fun that you both blog. Congrats on the weight loss and don't worry about blogging more regularly than seems natural. It should be fun not a chore. ;-)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi..I'm here from Carmi today, too! I hope you will understand when I say, I LOVE YOUR HUSBAND! Nit to worry, I could no doubt be his mother...! (lol) I just think he is a very special person and an unusually 'feeling' man, too...But YOU already know that...You married him! I'm very happy for you! It must be very very hard to have him traveling so much in these last months, especially with three little ones...
Congratulations on your weighht loss, btw, I know how difficult this can be, having lost and gained and lost, etc., many times as the years have gone on. Keep up the Good Work!
A pleasure to 'meet' you here through your blog!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Moon said...

Hi Morah...I couldn't have said it better then old old lady of the hills lol....I enjoy reading carmi's blog and I am thrilled to meet you through yours ...I will be back for sure...Keep up the good work with the weight loss...I know how difficult it can be, I have always struggled with weight.

The other terrific thing you are doing though is taking time for yourself, it is understandably difficult with 3 children but it's so important...

I have made myself stop and enjoy things while in the throws of planning my wedding..(in 33 sleeps)..most is all planned so now is the time to relax (easier said then done), take deep breaths (instead of making lists of lists already done lol) and really enjoy the anticipation of it all (besides thinking of all the things that could go wrong)...I know that everthing will be just fine...really I do...HONESTLY, IT WILL!! ....(walks away muttering to herself....did I remember to.....)

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Morah Mommy! I never knew you blogged until your hub just mentioned it on his blog. I am thrilled to find you... it's not often one finds a husband and wife blogging team. You can find my wife here:

http://tesspeak.typepad.com/

and me below.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

congratulations!
here from Michele's

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm here from Carmi's blog, too. How come you're not Morah Ima, or Ima v'Morah? Do you teach in a public or a day school? I don't think Carmi has ever mentioned what kind of teacher you are.

Nice to know you have a blog, too. Carmi is so rich with words, it must be sort of intimidating to try and blog yourself. I hope he's not critical, but I would doubt he is. He's very supportive overall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home