Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

How Can it be?


How can it be...My little baby girl is turning 8 tomorrow. Where has the time gone? I feel like it went by in a blink, minutes ago that we brought our sweet little baby home. I remember it like it was yesterday. We drove home from the hospital, the sun shining. We were greeted by my parents and a then almost 3 year old Zach. My Mom had tied pink balloons and ribbons to the tree, mailbox and lamp post. Zach was smiling form ear to ear. Mommy and Dahlia were home!

I look at her now and I can't believe how much she's grown. She is a beautiful, smart, funny, athletic, creative young lady. She drives me crazy (probably because our temperament are so much alike!) But I wouldn't want her to change in anyway. She's kind, (almost) always will to lend a helping hand. She is a little mother to her younger brother and is often willing to give something up, so he will be happy.

I hope as she blows out her candles and makes her wishes, that all that she wishes for come true for her, today, tomorrow and always.

Happy Birthday, Monkey Girl! Mommy loves you!

9 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger Olyal said...

Happy Birthday to Dahlia!! I hope she has a wonderful day!! And congratulations Morah Mommy and Carmi for doing such a great job raising 3 beautiful kids!!!

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy Birthday to Dahlia, I hope she has a wondeful day!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger kenju said...

Dahlia, I love your name! Please have a happy birthday and kiss your mommy and daddy for me.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

I know this is Dahlia's post but a man who is smitten by you sent me to wish you a happy birthday too!

Hope you have/had a wonderful day!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

And happy birthday to you, albeit presumably a belated one by now. Via Carmi's blog. Hope it was fun!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday to Dahlia, and you to also! Carmi spilled the beans. :-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I hope Dahlia had a wonderful birthday!!! I hope the same thing for you!! Happy birthday to you both!!!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger dena said...

Visiting your blog at Carmi's suggestion....You are BUSY ! ! ! Gorgeous children!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger jlybn123 said...

Happy happy birthday!

I know how it feels to have them grow up so quickly, all right before your eyes. Amazing how that happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home