Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

I spent 40 Minutes...

I spent40 minutes looking for a dog coat for Frasier, today. Yes you read it correctly, a coat.
If anyone ever told me that I would spend 5 minutes let alone 40 minutes looking for a coat for my dog I would have laughed in their face.

But it's cold outside...

And he had a haircut...

And he's going to have an identity crisis because his mommy and daddy keep putting him in a pink sweater...

And his human family want to spoil him.

Of course the first time he wore it he fell over in the wind and it ended up covered in mud. So now his new coat is drying in the dryer.

Can you tell we are enjoying having a puppy? :)

8 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We do this too! We have 2 Shih-Tzu's and they get a new outfit every birthday and Christmas (and once in a while when Target or Old Navy has something on clearance). Crazy.Are.We!

Have fun with your new little love.

Here Via Michelle,

Chelle

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came via Michelle's MeetN'Greet! I love dogs, and we are also the proud new owner of a loveable canine... a Yellow Lab! I adore animals and it seems so do my kids.

Hope you continue to have fun. You can't spoil them enough.

Join Associated Content and get paid for your writing!

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Don't worry about the pink. You're just helping him to be confident in his manhood.

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Michele sent me. Yes, I can understand spending that time looking. Now here's an idea; consider googling "dog coat pattern". You'll probably find a very easy version that you can adjust as the puppy grows and just make it out of fleece. Cheap, easy and you can make them in whatever color meets your mood... even favorite sports teams for game day! Tee hee.

Congrats on the puppy!

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's something funny. I popped in to check out your blog (thanks for stopping, btw) and thought, "Gee, Carmi just got a dog, too. I wonder if I'm being bitten again by the wanting a dog bug..." I scrolled down and saw the picture. Ha!

And to think, I never knew...
Nice to meet you, MorahMommy. :)

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a kid, we had a small (runt), short-hair dog that actually shook with fear when it came time to go out in the snow. We did suit him with a little something, but he seemed to take larger issues with it than the air. It quickly found a home on some closet shelf.

Congrats, btw, on the new puppy addition to your family.

Here from Michele's this time.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

So... is the new coat more 'manly'? :-) I htink it's great taht you ar etaking such care of him. It shows that Frasier has landed on his feet and found a good home!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Thumper said...

Only 40 minutes? I once went to 5 different stores and spent an entire day looking for just the right pillow for the cat's bed. When I found it, it cost $5. LOL sheesh.

There's a boy cat, Skeezix, who blogs...he loves to wear pink owtfits. So maybe your puppy won't be too scarred ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home