Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's Sunday

It's a grey Sunday here...but the mood is more uplifting. I think the cold is finally on it's way out and now I just have to get rid of my eye infection.

It was a really nice day. The kids all had activities this afternoon so Carmi and I got to go out for coffee and then explore our newly renovated Wal-Mart. I know Carmi hates the Wal-Mart philosophy but you sure can't beat the prices.

He laughs at me, but I have sunk to a new all time low. Imagine being excited that a new grocery store is open and walking around like a kid in the proverbial candy store. I can't help it, but things like that excite me.

I can now get my groceries and shmooze the rest of the store all at one time. The best part is they are open till 9 on Sundays. I know, sad, sad girl. I can here you saying it now! :-)

It was nice just to be able to do something just the 2 of us. We actually got to hold hands as we strolled in the store.

I hope what ever you did or will be doing today is enjoyable!

Enjoy the last bit of the weekend and look forward to a great week ahead!

15 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm willing to look past the fact that Wal-Mart is The Great Satan and a purveyor of all that is evil on the retail and community landscape. It gave me some alone time with you, which matters far more than my journalistically-motivated hatred of Sam Walton's empire. And I love holding your hand.

From a photographic perspective, the lighting in their produce department is excellent. Very bright, clean and consistently white. I think I really nailed that pic of the kale - until the sprinklers started to rain on me.

Here's to our next date in the grocery aisle. Wherever that may be.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm back from Michele's. From my perch upstairs while I'm supposed to be working (I write fast, so no worries there.)

Our Wal-Mart adventure reinforces how even the most mundane spot on the planet is a fun place to explore when I get to do it with you.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Thumper said...

:::ponders an entire post on why WalMart is not Evil::: ;)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Crazy Single Mom said...

I want to hate wal-mart, I really do, I hate the fact that I feel like a hypocrite every time I go in, yet do I stop going? Nope. Going there tomorrow as a matter of fact hee!

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know which is more romantic and sweet, your post or Carmi's comment. You two are inspirational. :)

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all...ahhhh what a sweet thing to say Carmi!

Second...I hate WalMart but I can't stop going there b/c no one can beat their prices! I try to go only a few times each month, just when I need to buy several item or alot. Short trips I HAVE to find somewhere else.

Hi from Michele's!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Christine said...

That sounds like a lovely day. Isn't it nice when you can spend a little time with your sweetie without the kids!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

It sounds like a lovely Wal-Mart date. I have to admit that my husband and I do tend to spend a lot of time in Wal-Mart. (ours are open 24 hours though)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

I would love to hate Wal-Mart, too. Unfortunately, it is the only grocery/general store within 30 miles of my house. In order to get everything needed, I would have to hit no less than 4 small stores (spread out, of course) - or Wal-Mart.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First -- you guys are the most incredible couple -- you warm my heart!

I can't hate Walmart. Sorry. Anyone that can sell me six months' worth of contact lenses for $30?

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First -- you guys are the most incredible couple -- you warm my heart!

I can't hate Walmart. Sorry. Anyone that can sell me six months' worth of contact lenses for $30?

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Today has been a very grey day around here. Rainy and cold-perfect weather to snuggle up with a good book and a big mug of hot chocolate!

Happy weekend to you...Michele sent me!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read your post - my honey and I have a ball grocery shopping (we love our food) and look forward to our weekly Granville island coffee & groceries trip. Besides, the grocery store we go to has a miniature train track set up overhead, and that totally appeals to my inner child...

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I love when stores are open late, no matter the day of the week.
Though an interesting fact... Los Angeles does not allow SuperWalmarts, in an effort to protect the mom & pop businesses.
~S

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

oops, Michele sent me!
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home