Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I remember when...

I remember when we had no kids and we used to clean our house because we were going to have friends over. Sadly that is no longer the case. Now we spend our weekend tidying our house so our kids can have playdates.

The bad news is that I spent the morning cleaning up, the good news is that my week will start off on the right foot...the house is tidy!!

Our children seem to have a bigger social life than we do. We spend our time going from drop-off to pick-up with hardly any time for us to enjoy.

We are so excited...all three kids have a program together, tonight, for 2 whole hours!!! Can you see me grinning?!?

My hubby and I are going to drop them off at the bowling alley and grab some dinner at a nearby restaurant...and you actually order at the table! Please don't faint on me....it's true the food arrives on plates and not wrapped in paper!

I honestly can't remember the last time we went on a date. We often go when our parents visit but for some reason the last few times we just couldn't or didn't get away. I think the last time was in August...oh that's awful!! Come to think about it, we didn't even go out for my birthday....kids had swimming that night.

So take the time to spend some alone time with your sweety and don't let it go 3 months between dates!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

7 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Someday soon you'll be able to take all 3 kids to a restaurant where they serve food on plates. It will happen. And then they'll want to order the most expensive thing on the menu and you'll look back on food wrapped in paper more fondly!

Here from Michele

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Boy do I hear you! We have only 1 child, and he's 2 1/2, so we are in a take-out dining phase. I really do miss the relaxing dates where we were served at a table!

ENJOY!!

Michele sent me over...

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

Wait. Back up just a second. Are you telling me that food doesn't always come wrapped in paper? No way! Do you have a picture of it? :) Have a fantastic time!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm counting the minutes until we have an empty car. Not that I don't love our brood. I do. But I also cherish our alone-time, and I can't wait to sit across from you and just...be.

I'll never get enough. I'll always strive for more.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing we do is try to get season tickets to something (right now it's the broadway season at our Performing Arts Center). It can be expensive up-front, but it absolutely, positively guarantees that we ARE going to have several date nights over the next few months! It's some of the best money we spend.

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep.. I know how you feel! It was August I think our last date and we just went on one a few weeks ago!

It was marvelous! Hope your date is too!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Young Lady said...

Are we supposed to go on dates? lol When my hubby gets home I feel bad trying to steal him away from the kids. I try to make sure they have equal opportunity with him and always put myself on the backburner. I miss him, I will have to reconsider this whole dating thing...hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home