Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Best Mother's Day


I have to say that this was the best mother's day ever.

The kids and Carmi let me sleep in. Well, Noah was so excited that he kept coming in kissing me, giggling and leaving. I could hear him and Carm making breakfast.

I came downstairs to a plethora of cards, gifts (mostly handmade) and 4 smiling faces. Noah made a mug that says Mommy which he decorated by himself. Okay, I did see it before (after all he made it in my class) but it was beautiful non the less. He was only concerned that I wouldn't share the teabags with daddy. "You really like coffee Mommy and Daddy really likes tea, so could you share it with him?" Dahlia made a beautiful beaded necklace and a card in English, French and Hebrew. Zach made a wooden letter holder and a coupon booklet of things he'll do for me. Carmi bought me roses and 3 new charms for my bracelet. They were so sweet.

Next came..Since it's mother's day we think we should go to the movies. Off to the movies we went. Noah, Zach and I saw The Wild. Dahlia already saw it so she saw Hoot with Carmi. After, they felt that I needed a new DVD. So of we went to get Nanny McPhee. It's actually a very good movie.

Then the kids decided that we should go out for dinner, so I wouldn't have to cook or clean up. Carmi managed to convince them that Mommy really didn't want to go to McDonald's...Thank god! We went to a real grown up restaurant and they behaved so well.

When life gets me down and my kids are driving me crazy...I'm going to open that memory vault and think about this day. I felt so happy and loved. They are really a great bunch and I feel blessed.

I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day!

2 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

You had a great day too! You deserve it!

And I just read about your weightloss, well done! I know how hard it is!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

How wonderful! You certainly have a beautiful family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home