Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, May 07, 2006













We needed a new family picture for a birthday present for my mother-in-law. At a recent birthday party for my nephew Ben, we were able to get all the children and grandchildren together for a picture. That is a total of 14! Yes we managed to get 8 kids still enough to snap the picture.

This gave me a great idea for my mother-in-law's birthday. I bought a frame that had spaces for five pictures. The middle one slightly larger was for the the photo of the 14 of us. Then in the 4 smaller ones I placed a picture of my in-laws, Carmi's sister and family, Carmi's brother and family and finally us.

I really loved the results and I think she did too. Here's a picture of my new favourite picture of us and the one of all of us.

Have a happy Sunday!

5 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger keda said...

what lovely lovely pictures!
my sister and i took photos of us and our offspring a couple of years ago and framed it for our mums 50th birthday. she still cries when she looks at it. i assume thats a good thing!

as for play dates... mine are still so young i'm still chasing them trying to avoid carnage.

i read carmi and am soooo happy to finally read you!
have a great week.
here via michele tonight*

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always great to have the whole family in one photo isn't it?

Count your blessings!

Michele sent me.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Gorgous photo! Thanks for stopping by my blog via Michelle! :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Moon said...

Great photos and I am sure your mother in law will be thrilled with your frame idea.

My daughter being 15 now usually does one of 2 things with her friends...haul up in her bedroom playing video games/computer stuff OR she and her friends actually like to hang out with me and Chris..either watching movies with us or just being goofy...I hope that never stops.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's a wonderful gift. We did somthing similar for our grandparents 50th anniversary. The entire family ( it's not that big) got together without them knowing, took a bunch of photos... then later at a party with them, took a few of them... Put them all together, and placed them in a lovely box/album for them. Oh the tears!!!

Happy Birthday to your Mother In Law!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home