Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, May 15, 2006

He's worried he needs to go on a diet.

Noah is so cute, it's amazing I don't just squish him all the time (Okay, I do do it a lot of time...But he is so delicious!!) Since he's in Kindergarten we decided once a month on a afternoon that I am not working, he would spend the afternoon with me.

Today was the day for May. On my way home from school I stopped off for my weigh-in. Noah loves to come there with me. I really don't know why, but he does. After my weigh-in (down another 1.4 lbs. For a total of 17 pounds) Sarah my counselor asked Noah if he wanted to be weighed. With his shoes on he weighs 41.4 pounds. After my session, he wanted to weigh himself one more time to see if it was the same. It was. Sarah said she was going to write it down and we'll see if it changes next time. So I figure let's milk this...You need to eat really good food, fruit, veggies, etc. And the next time your weight will go up and mine will go down.

Noah's all excited...He comes home and tells Daddy about getting weighed and then says he has to go on a diet. We both tell him he doesn't..."But they wrote it in the book," he says. Oh, Noah you are so cute. He figured if they wrote down than he has to lose weight as well. I finally convinced him it was my job to make mine go down and his job to make his weight go up. We pinky swore on it and he happily went off to play.

We spent the rest of the afternoon watching Nanny McPhee! A great movie and a great date.

I hope you had a happy Monday, as well.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!! 17lbs is awesome!

How adorable that he thinks he needs to be on a diet. I keep telling my son who weighs 39.5lbs and is 5 years old that his long term goal is to reach 80lbs ( so he can get out of his car seat*booster* ) He's determined to be a "big boy"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home