Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I've decided never to clean again...

I've decided never to clean again, well except when I'm expecting company.

I figure what's the point? Every day while the kids are in camp I tidy up. Not 5 minutes after we're home the house looks like a tornado has been through it.

I used to have the following quote by Phyllis Diller on my fridge (I apologize to those who have been reading me from the beginning because I think I've used it before):

"Cleaning your house while the kids are still growing,
is like shovelling the walk before it stops snowing."

I wish I could leave the mess, but it would drive me insane! :) So I'll leave you for now as the clutter is calling my name!

6 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Now, I never usually advocate myself as an example but in this new venture of yours I will. I try to have a fiend over for coffee at least once a week, that way I have to make sure the place is clean and tidy.

Sometimes I even ask a Swiss friend over which means that I have to polish the windows!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oh, I meant a friend, not a fiend. Having a fiend over for coffee wouldn't be much fun at all.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Star said...

We are empty nesters now. The house looks the same wheen I come home from work as it did when I left! Something to look forward to. Michele sent me.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Moon said...

I have to agree, it would be nice to just LEAVE IT..but alas, we can't but I will say this, I do know a few ppl who have no problem JUST LEAVING IT and OMG...I for one, could Not live like they do. It really acumulates and frankly, they live in fire hasards now. To each his own...

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Do you really think this could work? Please say it will. Please!

I'm stopping by via Michele's tonight. Clearly I'm getting a late start, but wanted to say congrats on being Site of the Day. Certainly a worthy selection for the honor!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Chaos Mommy said...

Hey, you must have seen my house before! That's the same rule we have! LOL!!! :)
The bad part is when we finally do have company, we're scrambling our rears off to get everthing done!
So in reality, I don't suggest it! I'm envious of all who can manage to keep their places tidy enough to receive company at any time. Let's just say, you don't ever want to drop in on me unannounced!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home