Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

And then there was none

The last little fishy had died. I feel terrible...it was doing so well swimming on its own for the last 2 days. I looked at the bowl and Flipper was swimming around then a little while later he was doing the upside-down backstroke.

I'm too squeamish to remove it from the bowl so it will have to wait until Carmi gets home. Sorry Flipper, sorry kids.

Speaking of Carmi (did you like the seg-way??) I was very proud of my honey. He did an amazing job on Canada AM yesterday. I was so worried that he wouldn't hear the alarm that I would look at the clock about every 10 minutes. Once he finally got up I was worried that he was going to be late. Once he left for the studio I was worried that I would fall asleep and miss it. Yes we taped it, but I wanted to watch it live. He did me proud.

Have a happy Thursday!

6 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wish I coulda seen that...but not here in the USA :(
Sorry about the fishies...I don't have a good record with them, either. All of ours only lasted a day or two :( I feel sorrier for the kids than for the fish, but thankfully they recover quickly :D!
I've added you to my blogroll...just under Carmi's link :)

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,Michele sent me :)
Funnily we have two things in common
1) my fish just died...how sad
2) we are both from ontario :)

I had a nice visit with your blog
Have a great weekend :)

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

I'm sorry that you lost the last fish :(

Maybe you should try something that lives longer like a beta?

I saw the clip on Carmi's blog-he did great!

Michele sent me!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy this brings back memories of when my son was young and had fish. They mysteriously died and then we had to do the old burial "at sea" thing. Hmm, maybe I should blog about how I solved the mystery of their demise.

Oh and before I forget, here via Michele this afternoon.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

poor little fishies. :-( That is such a hard thing for children to understand. Michele sent me today.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Funny how we can raise three kids in a city far away from our usual support network, build careers in unpredictable fields, build a family life that never ceases to amaze us and others...

But we can't keep goldfish alive.

Thankfully, we have each other. No toilet full of dead fish will ever change that.

Michele would agree. If she were here. I wonder if SHE keeps fish, too. Hmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home