Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Why Can't I Just Relax?!

I don't know why I can't relax. I have been on vacation for a week now. I've been to school twice since school let out last week and have spent countless hours on the computer looking for ideas for the fall.

In my defence I had to go to school. I won't be teaching kindergarten next year and I had to clean out my classroom. I then had to clean up my grade 2 classroom because of all the junk I brought over from the kindergarten class. I have no excuse for spending hours looking for stuff on the web!

My friends think I am crazy...I think I am crazy. I made a promise to myself I wouldn't use my computer for any schoolwork for at least 2 weeks. I know some people think teachers are so lucky that they have the summer off (and we are), but we really do a lot of prep work over the summer. Some are crazy like me and have to force themselves to relax.

I am really trying to do some things for myself. The kids are in camp for the next 3 weeks and then I will have them all at home...I might be wishing to go back to school in about 4 weeks!!
But I digress...I am relaxing...I had a nap on the couch this afternoon. I was thinking of all the things I had to in the house as I was falling asleep...but I did sleep!

How do you relax? Please give me some pointers!

6 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Last Girl On Earth said...

The hardest thing in the world is to relax! I wish I could give you and answer, but I don't know how either. Enjoy your break! Keep being good to yourself! Michele sent me tonight. Have a great weekend!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Melody said...

I don't get time to do much relaxing myself either! When I do though, I do like to sit outside and watch the world go by, with music on in the background and a glass of wine or beer in my hand...

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger glo said...

Hi there neighboUr to the west. Toronto here. Deni sent me ... sort of.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I think that if your name is MOM, then it's almost a moot point to try and relax. I don't think our brains ever shut off.

I do try to get out of the house to relax though, go to bingo if I can afford it. Do something that's just for ME. Which is usually just sitting here at the computer.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

To relax I find myself a good "bathtub" book and climb into the sudsy warmth - even if I'm not unclean (in fact it's better if you're already clean because they you aren't laying around in your own soup)...

other ways would be to just sit on the deck with a cup of coffee (hot or iced) and just enjoy the sounds around me (preferably when the neighbors are still asleep or missing in action),

go a movie by myself or even rent a flick and sack out in front of the television.

Another? Get yourself a pedicure - you can get a cheap one at any of those little strip mall sites - they're everywhere! Okay, it won't be the BEST pedicure when you're only paying $20, but it sure is nice to have someone soak your feet in sudsy water and scrape away the dead stuff...

I could go on...

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger keda said...

i'm a little like that! my girls father took them down south for a week and here i am cooking quich for freinds, at the comp and waxing my legs at the same time.

it looks quite funny i can tell ya :)

congratulations on the job.

and get out of here and go read a book in the garden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home