Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I love my kids!!

My kids are great. They drive me to distraction most of the time, but my life just would not be the same without them. Okay, maybe it would be a little tidier and quieter...But much, much more boring!!

Carmi and I were greeted by Dahlia and Noah this morning with breakfast in bed. The two little darlings brought us each a plate of strawberries. They were so cute and giggly.

Dahlia cleaned up the powder room and then wanted to know when she was going to get her allowance. But the bathroom never looked better and it was done without even being asked. I don't know why she would want to clean the bathroom, but I'm not complaining.

Zach our resident couch potato did not want to go for a bike ride...Created quite a fuss, but after arguing with 2 parents and not getting the response he wanted finally got on the bike. 30 minutes later , cheeks rosy from the excursion, fresh air, happiness, wanted to know if we could go again tomorrow. Absolutely!

It feels like summer has arrived and I hope whatever you do this weekend, it be happy and you're surrounded by those you love!

On another note, we're are so happy to report that Daddy is home!! The kids were so excited to pick him up at the airport. It was really nice to see the joy on their faces as Carmi came through the doors.

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Chatty said...

Hi there. Nice to see Carmi's *other half*! We are finally getting wonderful weather in New Hampshire after devestating flooding. We will be headed out to our boat today.

Enjoy the weekend with your family! Michele sent me.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Rachel Heather said...

You sound like such a cute family!!

Here from Michele's

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what an incredibly BEAUTIFUL (and cool from what i can tell) family you have!

we have a long weekend and so far it's been lovely. a bit hotter than normal but since i can't choose the weather, i'll just be happy with it

great blog!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness you were bike riding in that heat! Animals!!

Tomorrow is suppose to be even hotter out! Please remember to take it easy and drink plenty of water.. even if it is only a half hour.

Wanna know what my most favourite part about summer is? Kids playing in the great outdoors all day and then hit their pillows at night and are out faster then you can say bam! ahhahaha

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the comments.

I agree with you Jennifer...I love it that the kids are so tired from the fresh air and exercise that it gets quiet in our house much quicker!!

It was quite comfortable when we (Carmi and the kids on bikes and me running after them....don't need to do the treadmill tonight!!)were out after dinner. However it is really warm in the house. It's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow...the kids in my class are going to be punchy and hot by the afternoon.

Have a nice Monday and drink lots of water, everybody!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home