Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Big Guy is Away Again...


The big guy of the house is away again. He's off to Seattle until Thursday night. I truly hate when he flies and I don't think I really breathe until I know he has landed.

I used flight tracker to watch his plane and know that it has landed in Seattle. Isn't technology an amazing thing? It's 12:48 am our time and 9:48 Seattle time. I'm really sleepy, but I am waiting up for the Carmster to call us. It's really good practice as I will be staying up till 1 am for the rest of the week so I can call him at 10 pm his time. He's usually back in the hotel by then.

He's been doing a lot of these trips over the last few months and I should be used to it by now, but I really miss him when he's away. The house makes lots of scary and creepy noises and I usually leave the TV on until the wee hours of the morning.

I took the boys and a friend to the movies and Dahlia went to a friends house. Whenever Carmi goes out of town I try to do something special with the kids to sort of take their minds off his leaving. I was a little insulted that Dahlia would rather go to a friend's rather than come with us. ( I guess I should get used to it!) The boys and I saw "Over the Hedge" it was fabulous. I was laughing harder than the kids. It is absolutely worth seeing.

I've posted a picture from Carmi's birthday. The kids picked out the party hats. I don't know who had more fun...The kids or Carmi.

What do you do to make it easier when your significant other is away?

For those of you living in Canada, happy Victoria Day and have a nice day off!!

3 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That's a great picture! I always like to hear what parents think of the movies I want to bring my kids to. I was going to bring them last night to see Over the hedge :) Now maybe I will.

I've always lived "at home" with my mom & brother, now my grandparents and my mom and my husband and kids. I don't get to be "alone" very often which isn't a bad thing since I don't like it. I too am afraid of the creeks and cracks and especially at night. My husband works steady midnights... I think it's a good thing I have other's at home with me or I don't think I'd ever get any sleep.

As for the flying... I don't think I'd be able to "breathe" either until he was on the ground!

Happy Victoria Day to you as well... I'm not very far from you.... is your weather just as crappy there as it is here :P

Hugs Morah Mommy ... he'll be home soon.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

My husband has been traveling more than usual also. Most of it overseas which really tends to unnerve me.

Luckily, my parents live in the same town. We eat dinner with them. By that time of day I'm ready for a hand with two kids under 5. ;)

I also tend to line up my movie rentals so that all the "girl" movies show up during travel weeks. My mom and/or a few friends come by to watch with me after the kids are in bed. We eat ice cream our diets normally forbid and act goofy.

Hang in there. I know it's not easy. I tend to stay up late when my husband is gone just because I hate that big empty bed.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Tawn said...

I usually stay up too late, then pull my oungest in bed with me to snuggle. And the dog absolutely is inside with us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home