Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A New Favourite Quote.

As some of you know I have joined LA Weightloss. It's a weightloss centre that opened not far from my house. I go in 3 times a week and meet with a variety of counsellors. They are teaching me to choose healthy foods in the right quantaties. It has not been easy, but I am proud to say that I have lost 24.6 pounds. I am almost halfway to my goal.

I keep a photocopy of my before picture on the fridge, as well as this quote:

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not."

You can only make this life change if you are ready to make a change. I want to be healthy and I want to be a good example for my kids. They are my inspiration!

What are you working hard to achieve? What inspires you to keep striving towards your goal?

9 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Your quote is so true! Well done on being halfway to your goal, you're an inspiration!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I think I will write that out and put it on my fridge too. Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Young Lady said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Carmi and here's to many more happy years ahead for both of you. Way to go for keeping him in line lol

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Star said...

Happy Anniversary. Those are some lovely words your husband blogged. I found my children to be very inspirational when I was on my weight loss plan.

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote!

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Highfive to you on losing the weight.
One of my favorite quotes is " nothing taste as good as skinny feels"
I try to remember that.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Hope you had a great anniversary, Morah Mommy! Carmi sent me over to tell you that. Good luck with your weight loss; I need to do that too.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Here via your hubby's link. That quote is so true. We can all do it, we just have to decide to do it...
Congrats on the anniversary and the loss!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Sarie said...

Mazel Tov on 14 years.

Found you through Carmi's blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home