Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Friday, August 04, 2006

She's Just Beautiful!!

I recieved a cd of pictures from the camp that Dahlia and Noah attended last week. I just had to share this picture with you.

She is so beautiful. She can be such a pain in the you-know-what, but she is really beautiful on the inside and out. She is kind, sweet, funny and really cares about others.

I think we clash at times because, truthfully we are so much alike. Something that Carmi would attest to. I was more shy as a child and although she is shy at times, she makes friends so easily and really has a winning personality.

I love how she mothers Noah. I often have to remind her that I'm the mother (especially when he cries because he's been reprimanded) but she has always been so maternal. Right now she is bathing her dolls in the bathroom sink.

Although she fights with Zach, I know how much they love each other. They have their moments when they forget they are supposed to be at each others throats.

I love you Dahlia. Thanks for being you!

14 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Just a trumpet player said...

what a beautiful picture ! She looks like she has a very playfull personality...

Michele sent me. Have a great weekend !

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Karen said...

She is such a cutie! I too have a daughter who is just like me. She is 14 and so this is often a HUGE challenge for both of us. I'm not as patient as I wish and sometimes we butt heads. I'm thinking that one day we'll be great friends because I do think she's so talented and beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your photo. Michele sent me back here today and I'm glad!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Moon said...

It really is a lovely photo of her. She is a beautiful as her mom. My daughter will be 16 next month. Where does the time fly?
Michele sent me this time, but I am one of your reg readers ...Have a great day.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger aprilbapryll said...

I don't have any kids, but my brother and sister are many years younger than I so I was the mother to them growing up. Somedays it still feels like I'm a mother to them and to my own mom. I'm sure most children grow up thinking that way!

Michele sent me; thanks!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Hello, Michelle sent me.

Lovely gal. And Dahlia, what a pretty name.

Nice to drop by your blog.

My daughter is only 5 and I guess, kids tend to become a "PITA" (pain in the A...) sometimes but I love her to death of couse.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

We use that term as well...pita (pain in the a..) and pitt (pain in the tuchas. Which is yiddush for a..!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! What a cute pic. :)

My son turns one on Sunday. Before I know it, he'll be a teenager. EEKS!

Drop by for a slice soon!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

She's a little vision of you. Sometimes, she'll give me a look and I swear that I'm seeing you in her.

I hope you guys come home from your errands before long. It's lonely here without you.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Aaahh too sweet! That is a great picture.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

She is VERY beautiful!! and I love the shoes :)

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

She IS beautiful...like her Mom :)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Olyal said...

Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous... It won't be long before you and Carmi and singing "sunrise sunset".

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

What a lovely photo!

This is the sort of post I look forward to writing some day. I can already see the "but she's just like you" comments brewing in relation to my soon-to-be 2-year old.

Thanks for giving me the sneak peek. ;)

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via Michele and had NO clue you're Carmi's other half....small world.
LOVE your postings!
And yes....your daughter is indeed beautiful and what a pretty name. I was amazed at how MUCH she looks like her dad. I'd seen a video of him from his blog doing an interview....his genes run strong in her.
I'll be back to visit often. Love the "feel" of your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home