Adventures of Motherhood

I am a harried mother of three kids who move at light speed and a husband who lives in a world of words. If that isn't enough, I teach in an elementary school as I slowly watch my hair turn gray.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

When does school start?!?

I know some of you are scratching your heads and thinking...isn't she a teacher? Why would she want to rush back to school. Well let me tell you about my day:

It's 8:30 am. It's dull and dreary. It has just finished raining and looks like it's going to pour again very soon.

Dahlia: I'm bored!
Mommy: go play with your Barbies.
Dahlia: I don't feel like it.
Mommy: watch tv.
Dahlia: I don't feel like it.
Mommy: play on the computer.
Dahlia: I don't feel like it.
Mommy: draw a picture.
Dahlia: I don't feel like it.
Mommy: Have a snack.
Dahlia: I don't feel like it.

8:35 Noah pipes up....I'm bored.
UGGGG!

They spent most of the day fighting with each other and nearly drove me insane. So when does school start?

What do you do to keep your kids busy? How do you deal with their fighting? HELP!!

6 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger jsdaughter said...

oh yes- i remember those days! I used to have to separate the kids.. When they said they were bored i usually said to go clean their rooms.. they suddenly found plenty of other things to do!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger MorahMommy said...

I tried that one about cleaning their rooms but it didn't go over very well!

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably won't like my answer since I only have one child and some consider that not "really" a parent. But when he is bored...we play...Scrabble! Who knew that a cyme was a word? He trounced me the other day and he is only 12. Do something with them together with you in the mix (if you have time). Usually works for me anyway. Here via Michele's, BTW.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

local festivals? summer sports or science or music multicultural or dance camp? time with family? books? free library programs? 4-H, girl guides? clubs?

Projects to assemble? visiting other family? museum outing? walks in the woods being told what things are?

A few kids each by themselves in my neighbourhood started public education projects for breast cancer, hospital kits, 3rd world wells, and foster kids.

start homeschooling projects to have them research and fundraise money for a third world project or medical research money for something like cancer?

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm with you. When does school start???
Thankfully, our schools start back Monday, and this is Tennessee's first sales-tax free holiday weekend, so we'll be busy this weekend with several social activities and lots of shopping!! :)
I cannot wait until Monday!!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger aprilbapryll said...

When I go over my mom's house the siblings are fighting over who comes to spend the night at my house -- and they don't do anything different at my house than at home! It's just the change of pace, I guess. And that I have a/c.

Here again from Michele's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home